Focused experience in branding and innovation strategy at Dossier Creative.
Studied Commerce at The University of British Columbia in the Sauder School of Business.
Specialized in Entrepreneurship with a focus on Design thinking and Social Entrepreneurship.
Shooting professionally for 6 years exploring vast places and human experiences. Featured in International Traveler and EnRoute Magazine.
Explore everything from outdoor, weddings, travel photography to corporate events and nightlife.
Check out my photography website here.
Making anything from your perfect specialized cup of coffee to serving beer at Octoberfest.
I have been highly trained to provide the best customer service and to work in the upmost efficiency.
Skills & Interest
Skilled in photography and strategy.
In depth knowlege on Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom.
Trained in high pressure situations.
Fluent in English, French and Portuguese.
Anything and everything outdoors, especially rock climbing
Strategist & Railyard Manager, Dossier Creative, Vancouver
October 2017 - Present
Assisting Director of Innovation and Brand Strategist in research and strategy building throughout brand strategy and experience strategy projects.
Managing all of Railyard operations including hiring and on-boarding process, external client relations, financing, marketing, cohort strategy and student interns.
Assisting Business Director in day to day business operations of the studio including direct liaise with bookkeeper, suppliers and vendors. Managing resources and contributing to Dossier’s operation team to implement positive change initiatives within our studio lives.
Intern, Start Some Good, Sydney
April 2017 - June 2017
Developing website campaign for StartSomeGood initiative and funding opportunities, including a digital handbook on crowdfunding.
Developing content packages and initiatives
Brainstorming and implementing new promotional initiatives and hacks
Marketing Coordinator, WIZE MONKEY, Vancouver
May 2015 - October 2016
As the 3rd member of the Wize Monkey team I was responsible for building and managing a brand ambassador program, creating content and design concepts for any visual needs and constantly evaluating potential partnerships and sponsorship opportunities.
My day-to-day responsibilities change with the need of this coffee-leaf-tea start up on their way to provide a wise alternative for both coffee farmers and consumers alike.
This role has prepared me for any outcome that could come up, it taught me how to learn and how to take initiative.
Social Venture Intern, INNOVATION HUB Vancouver
May 2015 - September 2015
Working very closely with social ventures this job requires me to remain flexible as I work on diverse areas and different tasks in this start-up environment.
With a focus on brand management and content creating I was able to help start-ups in the hub build stronger marketing strategies and develop their business strategy.
Teacher Assistant, BUSINESS COMMUNICATION, Sauder School of Business, Vancouver
January 2016- May 2016
Following a high performance in business communication course and placing 2nd in the annual Sauder Speaking Competition I had been asked to become a Teacher Assistant for Cameron Morrel at Sauder School of Business.
My responsibilities included marking student presentations, working with the professor and mentoring students in public speaking and business communications.
Founder, Cherihan photography
Founded May 2016 - present
- After almost a decade studying and professionally shooting I have founded my very own studio; one that allows me to travel and explore the environment and the culture all around me.
- Through Cherihan Photography I photograph Weddings/Portraits/Events and Travels. You can visit my whole portfolio at cherihanphotography.com
Wedding photographer, Beautiful Life Studio, Vancouver
June 2016- September 2016 (SEASONAL)
- Through Beautiful Life Studio I was able to experience the rush and the excitement of wedding photography.
- Perfecting my portfolio I was able to take initiative and conduct shoots on my own as well in a team of professionals. Every wedding is unique and high pressure, I was able to improve my work ethic and adaptability in a stressful and fast paced environment.
PHOTO EDITOR, UBYSSEY, UBC NEWS PUBLICATION, VANCOUVER
SEPTEMBER 2014 - April 2015 (FULL-TERM)
Overseeing and maintaining the visual branding of The Ubyssey’s website and print edition. Led a team of volunteers, making sure to train them when needed and to properly incentivize them for their volunteer work.
Always being aware and fulfilling visual needs at al times for stories both online and on print.
- Play a crucial role in production, layout and creation of the paper by preparing photos for print/web/multimedia presentation as necessary.
Nightlife and event photographer, the.calendar.ca, VANCOUVER
SEPTEMBER 2013 - MAY 2016
Started working as a representative and with strong involvement and building my skill base I was able to move into a higher executive position. My role as creative director consisted of taking care of how the company brands itself in everything it puts out from photo albums, marketing campaign to any content on our website and Facebook page.
- Experienced in photography from day events shooting, such as Holi Spring festival, to nightlife photography with Pit Nights at UBC.
Barista, The Boulevard, Vancouver
August 2014 - September 2014
My position required working fast and efficiently in one of the most busying establishments on campus. I have been trained in till, bar and maintaining an amiable and clean environment.
- Learned to work well under pressure in times were we were understaffed and had to serve 80 customers per hour.
Cashier, Food Counter Attendant, Booster Juice, Vancouver
July 2014- September 2014
- As a cashier my responsibilities included welcoming new customers, taking their order and payment for their food in an efficient manner as to limit waiting time.
- As a food counter attendant my responsibilities consist of maintaining proper inventory levels, preparing and making smoothies and food, and maintaining clean work stations.
Front Desk Receptionist, Morrey Mazda, Vancouver
May 2013- September 2016
- Maintained a steady workload and efficient operations by processing payments, answering phone calls and filing documents
- Ensured accuracy of information concerning final sales by inputting required data using specific software such as Auto Dealership Program (ADP) and other software.
Skills & Interest
In the last couple of years I have focused on the design of start-ups and the re-design of established companies.
I was able to learn hard skills in UBC while taking courses like Design Studio, New Venture Design and Social Entrepreneurship.
I was able to then apply these skills in companies from all ranges to EY and Wize Monkey.
Starting from my improv and theatre background I fell in love with the idea of perfecting the articulation of my thoughts.
In the past years I have spoken in conferences like Student Leadership Conference, Social Enterprise Conference and won second place in the annual Sauder Speaking Competition.
Watch the speech here.
Born in Brazil, raised partially in Quebec and Vancouver I have been lucky to fluently speak all three languages.
Academically I have gone to Francophone schools, completed French Immersion program and finished my University education in English.
Raised with 3 different cultures at home I grew interested in always gaining perspective in how the world works.
From road trips around BC, living in Australia to understanding South American culture I hope to always immerse myself in beautiful places and cultures.
Check my travel photography here!
president, Social enterprise club, UBC
September 2014- May 2015
Promoted from Events Director to President by producing efficient and constant work by organizing workshops and provided a strong team structure that led to building the club’s first Conference making it out biggest event yet with over $20’000 of sponsorship.
- Created a bridge between students and social enterprises by fixing the lack of resources for members.
Tourist Information Counselor, Recreational Center, Vancouver
Was put in charge of kiosk booth to help welcome tourist and answer any questions they would have,answer calls and work independently.
Received training in customer service and how to manage and help large amounts of tourist that would be coming in during the Olympics.
President, Sentinel chapter Interact Club
- Was passed on the responsibility of the club in May 2011 and worked on a marketing plan to increase engagement in the club for the next year as it only had 3 members when it started.
- Once the new year started we were able to roll in over 100 new members through campaigning during clubs week. From there we were able to help students build leadership and hard skills through charity work.